Monday, January 24, 2011

UGC Bordeaux Tasting

I'm sitting on the train headed home after a long day of tasting the
2008 vintage from Bordeaux. From crisp whites to soaring reds, on to
sweet desert wines, it was quite an adventure. After a day of
sampling some of the finest wines in the world, it's a strange
juxtaposition to be eating a quarter pounder with cheese. Needless to
say it doesn't measure up, but these are the lengths I go to for you,
my dear readers.

I have a book full of notes to enter into cellar tracker which will
ultimately make it to the tasting feed. The best ones I will
highlight in my full report, which will be up as soon as I have a
break to sit down and reflect on the whirlwind I just endured. Don't
ever let anyone tell you tasting wine isn't work. It's rewarding
work, but work nonetheless.

No comments: