Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Game Night

I grew up in the age of video games. I can't remember a time in my consciousness when I didn't have some sort of computerized gaming system in my home. Despite that I've always been a die hard board game player. I've played a lot of board games, but the one that will always hold a special place in my heart is Axis and Allies.

A game of strategy centered around the last morally superior war. Me and 4 friends locked in combat determining the future of the world! Whats not to love? And on top of all that, what better excuse to sit in a dimly lit room, drink Port and Scotch, and smoke cigars while cursing like, well, a general.

Can't you just see Ike or Göring sitting around planning, snifter in hand? Good times. I'm excited, because those good times will come to fruition this weekend. Game on, as they say. I'm pulling out the 15 year and the LBV (What about vintage you say? You think I'm made of money?!). The battle will rage long into the night, and in the end I'll be crowned victor. You didn't think it could end any other way did you?

No comments: