Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Pinot Days Chicago

If you listen to Grape Radio you no doubt get jealous at all the wine festivals that occur in cities like San Francisco and LA. If you are like me you feel like San Francisco has dozens of major events every year, and you wish they would throw just a couple our way. Well it has just been brought to my attention that Pinot Days is actually a touring event, and will be coming to a Navy Pier near us.

Pinot Days is exclusively Pinot Noir. The tasting itself is held at Navy Pier on November 10th. It will include over 50 producers of the "thin skinned grape" from all over the world. In addition to the main tasting there are other events at Sam's locations across the city, and a couple of wine dinners at Bin 36 and 312 Chicago.

The Grape Radio Crew was pretty high on their trip to Pinot Days. So if you get a chance it sounds like this will be a good event. From what I can gather, this is not as involved as the event in San Francisco (for example there is no seated comparison of Gary's Vineyard Pinots - Festival Organizers, if you are reading this, shame on you), but none the less it should be an opportunity to taste a load of Pinot.

If you remember back to my last post, I'm sure you noticed that this is the day before the Midwest Wine Expo, so that weekend is shaping up to be a busy one for folks in the trade, and for me. I hope to attend both of these, but I know that I will be suffering from palate (as well as physical) fatigue if I don't find some way (in addition to spitting) to pace my way through what could amount to a selection of almost 900 wines in 2 days. Of course I guess there could be considerably worse problems to have than too much wine and too little time. Here's to making it through the weekend.

No comments: